ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Login
Vegas Valley News
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Vegas Valley News asks for your consent to use your personal data to:
  • VVN Opt out of the sale or sharing of personal information
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Vegas Valley News asks for your consent to use your personal data to:
  • VVN Opt out of the sale or sharing of personal information
No Result
View All Result
Vegas Valley News
No Result
View All Result
Home Entertainment Sports

Celtic Park pitch invasion: Martin O’Neill says Hearts’ declare scenes “embarrassed Scottish soccer” are “nonsense” | Soccer Information

by Vegas Valley News
May 18, 2026
in Sports
0
Celtic Park pitch invasion: Martin O’Neill says Hearts’ declare scenes “embarrassed Scottish soccer” are “nonsense” | Soccer Information
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Martin O’Neill has hit again at criticism over the scenes at Celtic Park following the membership’s Scottish Premiership title win on Saturday.

Moments after Callum Osmand’s purpose sealed prime spot for Celtic, numerous house followers ran on to the pitch to have a good time.

The Tynecastle Park membership stated their gamers and workers reported “critical bodily and verbal abuse” throughout scenes and afterwards, describing them as “unacceptable” and “disgraceful”.

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant


Celtic 3-1 Hearts

Highlights of the Scottish Premiership match between Celtic and Hearts because the hosts had been topped champions

Celtic did apologise to Hearts for the incident, including they’d “co-operate absolutely with any investigation”.

Nonetheless, when requested if these scenes had tainted the picture of the sport in Scotland, O’Neill hit again.

“I am sorry, I completely disagree with that,” he advised talkSPORT. “I do not know in regards to the confrontations when it comes to the Hearts gamers, and there is loads of hyperbole about that. Let’s discover out the actual image.

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant


Emotional scenes as Celtic lift the Scottish Premiership title following a dramatic final day clash with Hearts.

Emotional scenes as Celtic carry the Scottish Premiership trophy following a dramatic last day conflict with Hearts

“The very fact is that once we scored the third purpose, the sport was primarily over. The referee has claimed that he had blown the ultimate whistle on the finish. After which there’s apparent pleasure, we’ve scored to win the league.”

Hearts’ ’embarrassed’ claims are ‘nonsense’

Hearts gamers had been ushered down the tunnel by membership officers and pictured leaving the bottom nonetheless sporting their match kits, with the Tynecastle Park membership saying in a strongly worded assertion that “the protection of our workers was our prime focus”.

The Jambos added that the aftermath of that third purpose had “embarrassed Scottish soccer”. Nonetheless, O’Neill disagreed.

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant


The moment Callum Osmand sealed the title for Celtic against Hearts

The second Callum Osmand sealed the title for Celtic in opposition to Hearts

“Effectively, I do not imagine that, I simply do not imagine it, I believe it is nonsense,” he responded to that assertion.

“I assumed that the ultimate whistle had gone at precisely the identical second that we put the ball within the internet for the third purpose. It is a house sport and we might simply gained the league, and the followers have come onto the sector, alright? Okay, so they need to keep put then?”

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant


Celtic post match

Martin O’Neill admitted he thought his days of lifting trophies at Celtic Park gone

Whereas Celtic added of their assertion that there was “no justification for this behaviour”, when O’Neill was requested if followers ought to have come on the pitch, he once more refused to name out the membership’s supporters by including: “Effectively, begin telling that to each single soccer membership.”

Police Scotland are investigating the post-match scenes together with the 2 golf equipment, whereas the Scottish Skilled Soccer League stated that “supporters coming into the sector of play in any circumstances is wholly unacceptable”.

May pitch invasions be criminalised?

Sky Sports activities Information understands the SPFL are set to carry discussions with the Scottish Authorities over criminalising pitch invasions, as has been the case in England and Wales since 1991. They’re additionally eager to debate tailgating turning into a felony offence, which just lately turned the case in England.

Scotland’s First Minister John Swinney stated that such a transfer would solely be thought-about alongside a session on the reform of soccer banning orders, which closed earlier than the election.

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant


preview image

Police Scotland assistant chief constable Mark Sutherland has condemned the dysfunction in Glasgow as supporters celebrated Celtic’s Scottish Premiership title victory that noticed a number of individuals arrested and law enforcement officials injured

“The Authorities will have interaction with the soccer golf equipment, with the soccer authorities and with the native authorities to take what steps we will take to keep away from this taking place, and if there are additional legislative steps that we have got to think about to ensure that these points are addressed, then we are going to try this,” he stated.

Swinney, who was crucial of these followers who threw missiles at law enforcement officials throughout celebrations in Glasgow metropolis centre – scenes which resulted in numerous arrests, added: “We have a job of labor to do, working with the soccer golf equipment, and the SPFL, and with the Metropolis Council to keep away from this example ever taking place once more. And I commit the Authorities to partaking in that course of.

“However essentially, on the coronary heart of this, is the unacceptable behaviour of the minority of followers and that must be addressed.”

Tags: CelticclaimembarrassedFootballheartsInvasionMartinNewsnonsenseONeillParkpitchScenesScottish
Vegas Valley News

Vegas Valley News

Vegas Valley News Local, Breaking News

Next Post
Invoice Cassidy; Ebola; Musk vs. Altman; Idaho airshow : NPR

Invoice Cassidy; Ebola; Musk vs. Altman; Idaho airshow : NPR

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

The New Printable Wit & Delight Planner Makes It Straightforward to Keep Organized | Wit & Delight

The New Printable Wit & Delight Planner Makes It Straightforward to Keep Organized | Wit & Delight

3 months ago
Chrome for iOS makes it simpler to change between work and private Google accounts

Chrome for iOS makes it simpler to change between work and private Google accounts

10 months ago

Popular News

  • ‘Flesh-Consuming’ Micro organism Circumstances Rising on Gulf Coast: What to Know

    ‘Flesh-Consuming’ Micro organism Circumstances Rising on Gulf Coast: What to Know

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • James Gunn Nonetheless ‘Working On’ Viola Davis-Led Amanda Waller Sequence

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • April Taste Information | Life-style Media Group

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • ‘John Sweet: I Like Me’ trailer — Canadian actor’s life explored in documentary

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Keep Vancouver Promotion: As much as $250 Off Vancouver Accommodations!

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

About Us

Vegas Valley News, based in Las Vegas, Nevada, is your go-to source for local news and events. Stay updated with the latest happenings in our vibrant community. For advertising opportunities, contact us at sales@vegasvalleynews.com. Your connection to the pulse of Vegas!

Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • World

Recent Posts

  • 170-year-old luxurious vogue retailer quietly closes 21 shops
  • Blasts by Cody Bellinger, Jazz Chisholm Jr. assist Yankees prime Jays
  • KILLER SHARK aka DEATH SHARK – Free on YouTube
  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Copyright © 2024 Vegasvalleynews.com | All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Vegas Valley News asks for your consent to use your personal data to:
  • VVN Opt out of the sale or sharing of personal information

Copyright © 2024 Vegasvalleynews.com | All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
Verified by MonsterInsights