LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) – UNLV women’s golf opened its 17th annual Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown Sunday at Boulder Creek Golf Club and finished day one in a tie for seventh after shooting a 2-over 290 as a team. The Rebels tied with Nebraska after 18 holes and sit 10 shots behind tournament leader Oregon State, who leads the field by four strokes at 8-under after one round.
Senior Elizabeth Prior had the top Rebel round of the day – a 1-under 71 – to sit in a tie for 13th heading into Monday’s second round. Sophomore and reigning Mountain West Player of the Year Polly Mack shot the other round at par or better with an even 72, which included an eagle on the day.
Behind the Beavers are Tulsa and Long Beach State at 4-under, followed by Augusta and Idaho at 2-under and San Francisco in sixth at even. Tulsa’s Olivia Jackson had a stellar opening round, carding a 6-under 66, while Augusta’s Maggie Ashmore and Oregon State’s Ellie Slama both turned in 67s to sit one shot of the lead.
REBEL OF THE DAY: Prior, who is defending the individual title in the showdown, was the only Rebel to shoot under par on the day. Her round included three birdies and one double bogie.
NEXT UP FOR THE REBELS: The LV Showdown continues Monday morning with a shotgun start at 8 a.m. PT.
- UNLV – (290, +2)
- T13th – Elizabeth Prior, senior (71, -1)
- T26th – Polly Mack, sophomore (72, E)
- T35th – Alyssa Getty, senior (73, +1)
- T41st – Shannon Oh, senior (74, +2)*
- T41st – Nastasia Kossacky, junior (74, +2)
- T50th – Veronica Joels, freshman (75, +3)*
- T63rd – Cathy Liu, sophomore (76, +4)
TOP FIVE TEAMS
1. Oregon State (280, -8)
T2. Tulsa (284, -4)
T2. Long Beach State (284, -4)
• UNLV has won two of the last three team titles and two of the last four individual titles at the event
• The Rebels have hosted the Showdown for 17 straight years
• UNLV has four of five members back from its 2018 Mountain West Championship squad
• Last spring, the Rebels won three consecutive MW titles for the first time since they won three in a row from 2004-06
• UNLV has won four conference championships in seven years under head coach Amy Bush-Herzer