UNLV cards its best team score of the tournament in Wednesday’s final round
FInal Results | @UNLVWGolf
LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) – UNLV women’s golf played finished its first tournament of the spring on a high note, carding its best single-round team score of the Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge in Wednesday’s final round. The Rebels shot a 15-over 299 to finish in 15th overall with a total score of 62-over 914.
Freshman Polly Mack was UNLV’s highest finisher, shooting a second straight 2-over 73 to tie for 38th at 12-over 225. Junior Elizabeth Prior came in two shots behind Mack at 14-over 227 to tie for 47th, while senior Mackenzie Raim and sophomore Nastasia Kossacky both carded three-round scores of 18-over 231 to tie for 63rd.
No. 1 UCLA started the final round in a tie with No. 2 Alabama after the top two teams in the country shot identical scores the first two days. The Bruins were able to edge out the Crimson Tide on day three, winning the tournament by 4 stokes at 15-over 867.
ASU’s Olivia Mehaffey was the wire-to-wire leader and despite shooting a 2-over on Wednesday, finished in a three-way tie to share medalist honors with UCLA’s Lilia Vu and Texas’ Katilyn Papp at 1-under 212.
REBEL OF THE DAY: Mack shot 2-over in rounds two and three to end the three-day tournament as the highest Rebel finisher in a tie for 38th.
T38th – Polly Mack, freshman (79-73-73 — 225, +12)
T47th – Elizabeth Prior, junior (73-81-73 — 227, +14)
T4th – Mackenzie Raim, senior (76-78-77 — 231, +18)
T64th – Nastasia Kossacky, sophomore (78-77-76 — 231, +18) ;
T85th – Alyssa Getty (80-83-79 — 242, +29)
TOP FIVE TEAMS:
T1. UCLA (292-284-291 — 867, +15)
2. Alabama (292-284-295 — 871, +19)
4. Stanford (295-292-289 — 876, +24)
5. Arizona (285-292-306 — 883, +31)
6. Arizona State (285-298-301 — 884, +32)
• Last year, Mackenzie Raim tied for first at the same tournament, marking her first collegiate tournament win just a few miles from where she grew up
• Last season, UNLV won the Mountain West Championship for the second straight year
• UNLV has appeared in 15 straight NCAA Regionals
• The Rebels have won three conference championships in seven years under head coach Amy Bush-Herzer
NEXT FOR THE REBELS: The Rebels will be back in action Feb. 26 & 27, co-hosting The Rebel Beach tournament with Long Beach State at Spanish Trail Country Club.