No. 23 UNLV men’s golf finished second as a team, one shot back at fall season finale in Arkansas
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (UNLVRebels.com) – UNLV men’s golf senior Harry Hall finished up the end of his second round Tuesday morning with a 2-under 70, then fired a final-round 3-under 69 to capture individual medalist honors by three shots at the Little Rock Invitational, which was played at Chenal Country Club (par 72, 7,326 yards).
The latter part of the second round was suspended Monday because of darkness.
The individual title marks the second of Hall’s career and second of the fall season in just four events. His tie for first place at the William H. Tucker Intercollegiate in Albuquerque, N.M., in September marked the first win of his career.
Hall finished the 54-hole event in Arkansas at 6-under 210, while Illinois State’s Trent Wallace and Arkansas State’s Matthew Cole both tied for second at 3-under.
As a team, the No. 23 Rebels finished in second place, one shot back. UNLV finished round two with a score of 2-under 286 and shot 1-over 289 during the final round. It finished at even-par 864 for the tournament. No. 19 Arkansas State won the team title at 1-under.
REBEL OF THE DAY: Hall had an eagle, three birdies and a double bogey during the final round.
STAT OF THE DAY: Hall’s 3-under tied for the low final round of the tournament with two others.
COMPLETE REBEL SCORES:
• 1st – Harry Hall, senior (71-70-69=210, -6)
• T13th – Jack Trent, sophomore (75-72-72=219, +3)
• T13th – Garrick Higgo, sophomore (75-71-73=219, +3)
• T20th – Justin Kim, junior (70-74-76=220, +4)
• T24th – David Rauch, freshman (73-73-75=221, +5)
• T85th – Chris Ebster, redshirt freshman (77-76-86=239, +23) – played as individual
TOP FIVE TEAMS:
1. Arkansas State (298-283-282=863, -1)
2. UNLV (289-286-289=864, E)
3. Illinois State (290-287-288=865, +1)
4. Little Rock (302-283-295=880, +16)
T5. ULM (294-297-293=884, +20)
T5. Seattle (292-292-300=884, +20)
There were a total of 17 teams and 90 individuals that competed.
NEXT FOR THE REBELS: This was the last tournament of the fall season for UNLV. The team will be back in action Feb. 4-5, at the Sea Best Intercollegiate in Florida.
• UNLV finished fifth, second and eighth in its first three tournaments of the season.
• The Rebels are the three-time defending Mountain West champions.
• Last year’s team also finished third at the NCAA Regional in Columbus, Ohio, and placed in the top 20 at the NCAA Championship.
• Trent earned the Mountain West Freshman of the Year award last season, while Hall, Higgo and Trent were all recognized as All-MW performers.
• Hall was named a Srixon/Cleveland Golf All-America Scholar in July.
• UNLV has played in a NCAA-record 30 straight regionals.
• This year marks head coach Dwaine Knight’s 32nd season leading the Rebel program.