The Venetian® Resort Las Vegas and Sands® Expo will turn exterior marquee signs green to recognize Earth Day on Monday, April 22.
The property has a long history of committing to environmental conservation with The Palazzo being the first resort property in Las Vegas to achieve LEED Silver Certification for New Construction in 2008 and The Venetian and Sands Expo holding the distinction of being the only existing buildings in Las Vegas to achievedLEED Gold Certification for Existing Buildings. Additional efforts made daily by the property include:
- One of the largest roof-top solar-thermal systems in the US can be found on property and is used to provide hot water for swimming pools and spas.
- The company saves more than 50 million gallons of water through the campus’s innovative cooling tower technology.
- The campus also saves more than 22 million gallons of potable water each year using the nano-filtration water system which is used for irrigation which allows the campus to be completely “off the water grid” for horticultural needs at the resort.
- While guests sleep overnight, team members at The Venetian Resort sort the trash for items that can be recycled. While the statewide recycling average for Nevada is about 22 percent, nearly 55 percent of trash at The Venetian Resort is diverted from landfills.
- More than 31,500 pounds of soap and bottled amenities are donated every year to a local non-profit, Clean the World. These items, which would otherwise end up in local landfills, are used to build hygiene kits that are distributed to kids and families worldwide.
April 22, 2019
12:01 am until sun-up; sundown until 11:59 pm
The Venetian Resort Las Vegas
3355 South Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89109
About The Venetian® Resort Las Vegas
The iconic Venetian Resort Las Vegas was designed for the discerning traveler craving a bespoke Las Vegas getaway. The destination-defining resort is comprised of three all-suite towers, boasting standard accommodations nearly double the size of the average on the Las Vegas Strip. Born of the same Italian spirit yet each offering a luxurious escape with its own distinct personality, The Venetian is revelatory and dynamic, The Palazzo is refined yet electrifying and Venezia is a relaxing respite.
The resort experience is marked by a commitment to sophisticated play with world-class restaurants from celebrated chefs; a collective of intimate and elevated cocktail havens curated by the industry’s top talents; Canyon Ranch Spa; a five-acre pool and garden deck; TAO Nightclub; a country club-meets-Vegas poolside experience at The Aquatic Club; an ever-evolving series of large-scale art installations; two casinos and poker room, and enviable retail options at Grand Canal Shoppes, anchored by a three-story flagship Barneys New York.
A premier events and conference center, the resort is also home to more than 2.3 million square feet of meeting and convention space, including The Venetian and The Palazzo Congress Center and famed Sands Expo Convention Center. For more information, visit venetian.com. The Venetian Resort Las Vegas is a property of global integrated resorts developer Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE: LVS).